Entries are invited for submission for the Future Orthopaedic Surgeons Essay Prize on the subject of:
How Can Virtual Reality Be Used To Improve Orthopaedic Surgery?
Entries of no more than 500 words should be emailed to [email protected] no later than 1st January.
Please use the subject heading 'FOS Essay Prize' in your email and include your full name, stage of training and institution in the body of the email.
• The Prize is open to undergraduate medical students and junior doctors up to CT/ST2 level.
• Only entries that are submitted via email, in word format to the published email address will be accepted. Submissions made in PDF format will not be accepted.
• Entries must be no longer than 500 words.
• Entries should be submitted in Arial size 12 font, excluding title.
• The word limit does not include the published title/question or references
• References should be presented as footnotes and endnotes
• Entries will be judged by the FOS Committee together with orthopaedic surgeons
• The winning essay will be published on the FOS website and will receive the FOS Essay Prize Certificate
• The winning entry will be published in The Journal of Undergraduate Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery.
Entries will be judged on the following attributes:
• Evidence of a thorough understanding of the subject area
• A clear, concise and well presented answer to the question posed by the essay title
• Relevance to orthopaedic training and/or technique
• Style of writing
• Content / understanding
No abstract that exceeds the word count will be accepted